Health & Wellness Programs
Designed for you by a certified holistic nutritionist and wellness coach.
More Online Programs
I am currently in the process of creating and updating a catalog of online wellness programs – stay tuned!
For more information, or to be notified when registration opens, please contact me.
Like many parents, you may worry about the amount of sugar your child gets from sugary drinks, snack foods and desserts.
Today most of the food in the grocery stores is processed with high amounts of sugar. If your kids are like mine, they often don’t want to hear the “effects of sugar on the body and mind” from mom and dad.
In this program, I cover the dangers of sugar and how to protect your family and reduce consumption.
In this sugar program you’ll will learn about:
- How much sugar we are consuming and how to recognize it on a food label.
- What is whole food vs processed foods.
- How processed foods are linked to increased sugar in our diet.
- Learn about the World Health Organization and the amount of sugar we should be consuming daily
- Learn to read food labels.
- What is the difference between apple juice and a whole apple (learning the importance of fiber).
- How sugar can make us ill and how food can be medicine.
- Learn about 5 sugars that are more natural (from nature).
- How sugar affects the brain.
- What artificial sweeteners are and how they affect the brain.
- Make a whole food shake that tastes delicious.
What’s on Your Plate?
For many parents trying to encourage their kids to make healthy food choices is often difficult. Sometimes kids don’t want to hear what mom and dad have to say and somehow their ears are more receptive to other adults.
During these fun, visual and informational sessions kids will learn about a variety of foods and how each different food plays a special role in supporting their body’s health and wellbeing.
In my what’s on your plate program you’ll will learn about:
- The importance of water and hydration for the body
- Reasons why it is important to have a rainbow of colors on your plate
- Reasons why a variety of foods in our day is important and how each plays a role in supporting different parts of our bodies
- Learn about herbs, veggies, fruits, herbal teas, healthy fats vs unhealthy fats proteins (learn about plant based proteins and meat and alternatives) and healthy treats
- How to distinguish whole food vs processed foods and how processed foods are often devoid of nutrients
- The importance of exercise and how it can support our body to absorb more nutrients into your cells and move out our daily toxins
- We will try some new foods and celebrate being brave and open minded
Nutrition & The Environment
There was a time when the safest place on earth for a child… was home.
When our children played in their yards grown by nothing but the sun and the rain. When they ate nothing but the purest foods. Their toys were made by hand and their bedding was made from wool.
Children’s beds have changed…dioxane, xylenes, polymers.
Their toys are made with plastic…phthalates, bisphenol A
Food is no longer pure…food colors, preservatives, additives, aspartame, butylated hydroxytoluene.
Their yards are also different: acetic acid, dioxane, round up (glyphosate), propionic acid.
We breathe chemicals, absorb chemicals, through our skin and ingest chemicals. The good news is that small changes we make in our daily lives can make a big difference
Students will learn:
- What is the Environmental working group
- How to use the Skin Deep database to check for chemicals in our products
- What is a GMO – Genetically Modified Organism
- The difference between traditional engineering/farming vs Genetic Engineering
- Learning about Monsanto and who they are
- Have the opportunity to learn to make their own non-chemical home products
- Learn how we can reduce our toxic exposure
- The importance of eating local and organic
- Learn about the clean 15 and dirty dozen
- Why and how herbicides and pesticides are in our food system and what we can do about it / how it is affecting us.
Mindful Eating & Vision Boards
This fun and interactive holistic nutrition class will introduce kids to mindful eating, and vision boards. Mindful eating can help kids to slow down when they eat and pay attention to where their food came from.
Mindful eating can help kids to slow down when they eat and pay attention to where their food came from. It will also help them to take a minute to give thanks for the food they are about to eat and ask questions like “Is the food I am about to eat going to make me big and strong?”. “How do I feel after eating the food I just ate?”
You’ll will learn about:
- What is mindful eating and why it is important
- Why mindful eating can help us better digest our food
- The Law of Attraction: Energy goes where attention flows
- What is a vision board
- What is visualization and how does it work
- How to create a vision board
Through the process of creating vision boards kids will learn to think about:
- Their values
- How they want to feel
- What are their health & wellness goals
- How do they want to spend their free time
- What do they want to learn/gain knowledge about
- What are their dreams
- What does their best self look like
- What are their career goals
- What do they want in family life / life