During these fun, visual and informational sessions kids will learn about a variety of foods and how each different food plays a special role in supporting their body’s health and wellbeing.
Children will learn how they can be their own doctors (use food as medicine) and be inspired to try new foods and celebrate being brave. We will not focus on what is “good” or “bad” but instead what are the foods that make our bodies and brains grow big and strong and the “sometimes foods.”
In my what’s on your plate program kids will learn about:
- The importance of water and hydration for the body
- Reasons why it is important to have a rainbow of colors on your plate
- Reasons why a variety of foods in our day is important and how each plays a role in supporting different parts of our bodies
- Learn about herbs, veggies, fruits, herbal teas, healthy fats vs unhealthy fats proteins (learn about plant based proteins and meat and alternatives) and healthy treats
- How to distinguish whole food vs processed foods and how processed foods are often devoid of nutrients
- The importance of exercise and how it can support our body to absorb more nutrients into your cells and move out our daily toxins
- We will try some new foods and celebrate being brave and open minded
For more information on this program, please contact Shannon.