Like many parents, you may worry about the amount
of sugar your child gets from sugary drinks, snack foods & desserts.
Today most of the food in the grocery stores is processed with high amounts of sugar. If your kids are like mine, they often don’t want to hear the “effects of sugar on the body and mind” from mom and dad. That’s where I come in.
In this sugar program kids will learn about:
- How much sugar we are consuming and how to recognize it on a food label
- What is whole food vs processed foods?
- How processed foods are linked to increased sugar in our diet
- Learn about the World Health Organization and the amount of sugar we should be consuming daily.
- Learn to read food labels
- What is the difference between apple juice and a whole apple (learning the importance of fiber)
- How can sugar make us ill and how food can be medicine
- Learn about 5 sugars that are more natural (from nature)
- How does sugar effect the brain
- What are artificial sweeteners and how do they affect our bodies?
- Make a whole food shake that tastes delicious
For more information on this program, please contact Shannon.